Tuesday, September 18, 2007

If you ain't got Sho, you betta find it and drop ya dough


Thinking back on the early 90’s, an album that leaves little fuzzies in my belly and a nod in my head is Sho-Trouble Man. I can’t count how many times I bumped this album, first on cassette, then as a German import, and then the official U.S. release, which was soon realized to be no different from my import, just cheaper.

I recently saw a used copy in my store, and hand-sold it to a friend for 1.99 with my official stamp of approval. Man, I’d pay that 20 times over for this classic. You can’t go wrong when you’re fronted by Willie D of the Geto Boys, that is, until you get strung out on cane, and then fall into rap oblivion. Five years later, he did release one more album, called The Return, but it was one the saddest comeback efforts ever heard.

Trouble Man is hot, hot, hot, and classic joints include:

Miss Thang
Fiend in my Family
Trouble Man
Pray I’ll Be a Failure
Fireweed

“Miss Thang, girl ya know you’re too much/ been tryin to knock the boots for the past 3 months/ I done peeped ya game and I’m gonna tell the whole world/ Like Gina, you know you can go girl/You in the club rain, sleet, or snow/ Got them daisy dukes on when it’s 20 below/ Been around the way and back/And been in everybody and they cousins Cadillac...

…I got the three B’s and I don’t regret it/ A bucket, a bus card and bad credit”

Find this, buy it, bump it, tell someone, and buy them a copy, otherwise you slippin.

1 Comments:

Blogger Smokeskrene said...

and i thought you were just trying to hustle me into getting it out of your store. LOL

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home