Thursday, August 30, 2007

Remind me again, why do I work in retail?

Yeah, my job has been straight kickin my ass. We got hammered with a huge book buyback today, so while two of us were working on that, the other line was checking people out, but got a little backed up. Well, this old dude, who was checking out, started being loud and was making a stink, and said something about "the manager...and having to wait," and then said, "yeah, you over there with the glasses..." I about snapped. My first thought was to say, "Shut the f-ck up you old coot!" My 2nd was to climb over the counter and snap his friggin neck ninja style, and then the 3rd, more realistic result, was me saying in a rather stern voice, "Sorry, Sir, but we're doing what we can," and calling additional help to the registers. I then mumbling under my breath, "you f-ckin idiot..." as I hear him continue to ridicule me and the store.

We were a little understaffed because the floor person had to cover Cafe for the afternoon, but with 3 of us up front, and 2 in the backroom, I figured we could handle a normal Thursday. That is, had it not been for the buyback from hell. Anyway, screw the old dude who thinks I owe him something because he's old, and has nothing better to do than wallow in his self pity. It does burn my ass, though.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally saw that happen. I was in the horror rental section and him and his wife and kid were at the new arrivals just before that. The kid kept touching the movies. He goes 'Quit fucking putting your hands on shit before I put my hands on you.' So I kinda step out of the horror isle where he can see. He looked at me and then looked down and the ground real fast like a child who had done something wrong. So I just walked back to the horror for purchase isle and like 2 minutes later I hear him with the same tone griping at the counter.

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home