Friday, August 17, 2007

Eric Stanze: Still mastering the art of film

I've seen most of Eric Stanze's films, and they're either hit or miss. That is, on B-level grading. The most recent, Savage Harvest 2: October Blood, is another that will go in the pile of misses. The first one was straight laughable, so why bother doing another? Hasn't the demonic Indian spirit bit been done? A much better flick is the retro-movie Scalps, but the picture is pretty grainy.

On a positive note, SH2 has the presence of Emily Haack. She's a pretty good actress, and deserves a non-b-movie appearannce. If you're looking for a better Stanze title, try China White Serpentine or Scrapbook. Maybe October's release of Deadwood Park will get things back on track.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always thought about watching last house on hellstreet, but tributes of this sort are touchy. I think one of the other titles was beyond last house on the left even... but is it good?

10:59 PM  
Blogger K-Fleet said...

Steer away from the hype around the Hell Street title, it's straight laughable. If you haven't seen them, try Nekromatik 1&2 and Schramm instead.

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually own Schramm. You should make a blog and do like top 10 nunsploitation movies. I keep looking at xploited cinema and I can't make up my mind. Also was WC any good?

2:05 PM  
Blogger K-Fleet said...

I can do that for ya, but I doubt I'll find 10 worth mentioning. Maybe the top 5. :) It may take me a bit cause I need to watch one that I've been sitting on for a while called Love Letters of a Portuguese Nun by Jess Franco which hasn't been released in the US. I'm still listening to WC, kinda sounds like it was made in the 90's, no real growth, but produced and released by Ice Cube (Lench Mob Records).

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home