Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Real friends come back

Recently, out of the blue, a friend sent an e-mail to apologize for past wrong doings, and made an attempt to reconcile a friendship that once was. Not that our friendship was dead, but it strayed far from what it was over the years and was even at a point of silence. This got me to thinking that no matter what's said or done, true friends always come back.

I've done my share of putting my tail between my legs, admitting my faults, and attempting to rekindle past friendships. Some have been a success (Tabatha, Chandi), others still to be determined (Lisa, Misty), and some no such luck (Karen, Big Will). It's just one of life's lessons learned. I put a lot into my friendships, but have come to expect that not all people or "friends" do the same. So sadly, when I meet someone, you're guilty until proven innocent, but time will reveal it all, and I'm willing to do the time.

It's amazing I still have friends I went to 1st grade with, but sadly, I've come to expect little from them. We still hang out when we can, but we are now in different states, and as we go our own ways, choices have been made that we no longer have the bond we used to. In all the cities I've lived, excluding my hometown, I have yet to find a friend I can really count on and take with me in life's journeys. Again, a few have come back, but something's always missing. I do hope that will change, because I've met some pretty cool people in middle Kansas.

Anyway, blah, blah, blah, I can piss and moan and fight for both sides all day long, but the point is that real friends do come back. That's what's great about life, everything's cyclic. So, if you've been thinking of friends of old, give them a call and say, "Hey, I f*cked up, will you be my friend again?" Cheers to relationships that don't die.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home