Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Plies vs Lil Wayne

I have no idea what Plies sold for the first day of release, but I hear that Lil Wayne could have moved around 600,000 units, which would put him on track to go platinum by week's end. I witnessed first-hand how many people grabbed Weezy, walked right by Plies, and headed to the register. Maybe it's the state of our economy, maybe it's the fact that Lil Wayne had a big-ass poster for the last month promoting his album, or maybe there just wasn't much marketing around Plies new album. I did pick up both CDs, but haven't had a chance to get a thorough listen. My gut tells me that I'll like Plies more, since I think Weezy is overrated and spits a lot of redundant garbage. But, I'm happy that there's a rap release that puts the genre back on the map and in the eyes of the industry. So, you be the judge, who has the better album?





An update: A quick listen of Plies had me in disappointment. Sadly, he seems better when he collaborates with R&B singers, and his flow is almost always the same on this album. My store blew through about 55 Weezy's for first-day sales, and 4 Plies.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yo aint bout nun man...no smoke without flame ish man...weezy got props coz he does deliver, even his garbage apparently iz wanted more than watever plies iz bout...aint hatin on plies tho, he do his r'n'b thing...weezy f'ing!!! yah digg!!!

1:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home