Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Boxes and tape and cleaning, oh my!

Okay, so the week's winding down and I'm preparing to head to Dallas for the Texas Frightmare Weekend (for those who've been in the dark). But, upon my return, I have less than one week to pack up a very full 6 year household and move it some 40-50 steps upstairs into a 2 bedroom apartment.

A long overdue move, which I passed up almost exactly a year ago. But, this should allow me to entertain more guests (and walk freely) instead of my "entertainment" entertaining us, which currently wins everytime. Problem is, I haven't boxed up a single thing, and am expected to have a professional carpet cleaning done by checkout time Friday. How in the hell can I have the carpets cleaned when all my shit's in the way? Boxed or not, there's way too much stuff to move off the carpet, and the person moving out of my new dwelling won't be checking out until Friday as well. So, I guess I'll have to bend over for "The Man," and pay a little more rent on my current apartment just to have a comfortable move. Chances are, I may have to pay the entire month's worth, which in that case, I may not be moving.

But, I am gonna get bids on a carpet cleaning, but if that outweighs the deposit I originally put down, I'll just have to break out my $40 Hoover and clean this badboy myself. I already thought about renting a Rug Doctor, but that won't even suffice this stickler of a landlord. Anyway, here's to moving, it friggin sucks, even before you start!!

1 Comments:

Blogger K-Fleet-13 said...

Finally you will be in a suitable living space! You can finally claim a "junk room", which is my favourite room of a house. One more flight upstairs will suck a bit when it comes time to move again, but I guess you can just dump your stuff out the window like you did last time.

A professional cleaning will run you about $120, and it is a good chance the landlord will have the place painted after you move out. I say forfeit the deposit you put down 5 years ago, because in today's dollars it would be worth about $120 and the grief ain't worth it. Have fun at the freak-fest!

12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home