Thursday, October 16, 2008

Q-Tip left his wallet in El Segundo, I left my checkbook on the counter and it was stolen

So, I usually don't take my checkbook to work, but have been looking for places to move into over lunch and after work, and if I found the right place, I'd have it handy to put down a deposit. Well, today, it was in my day planner, which I used to confirm some dates with a guy for a store event, and then I left it, with my checkbook inside, on the counter of one of the sales registers. I came back later to do a buyback from a guy who's a known thief, and when the transaction was done, my checkbook was missing. He hadn't left the store yet, so I asked him about it, and he said that he didn't have it, and there was no point in taking them since everywhere checks IDs when writing them. So, I let him walk out, but noticed he had something rectangular (like a checkbook) in his back pocket, so I called him on it, and he said once again that he didn't have it, and pulled his ID out of the pocket I was looking at.

So, what was I to do other than run up on him and do a Rambo? I look around the vicinity, back in the office, and asked a few associates if they'd seen anything, but nothing was found. I then call my bank, they put a hold on my account, and I have to go in tomorrow and have them reissue a new one and order new checks. This really sucks, and I hope it doesn't come back to haunt me, since I already dealt with some bullshit earlier this year with my credit card.

I also reviewed the camera feed, since there's one over each set of registers, and one panning the whole checkout area, but they're set in such a way that nothing could be seen, and have horrible picture quality anyway. I guess that's Murphy's Law catching up to me for finding 15 bucks (stuffed in a fixture) earlier in the day and thinking I was coming out ahead.

What concerns me is that he now knows my address and financial info, and him being a known thief and burglar, could try to gank me or my stuff. But, now that he knows he's a suspect, he may dump it off, which will then give someone else access to it. I just can't believe he took it right out from under my nose. Fucking thieves, if I ever get the chance, I'll cut off his hands, and then poor honey and ants on him.


+


+


=

REDEMPTION

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home