Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Asher Roth: The Great White Hype

Although he may sound like a young Eminem, Asher Roth is no Slim Shady. But, despite the similarities, he's another white dude with mad lyrical skills and a raw/crude sense of humor who can hold his own, often poking fun at his nerdiness and upbringing. This video had me rolling. Warning kiddies: this has explicit lyrics, so please get your parents permission before viewing (or turn down the volume so they can't hear it). :) I posted the link off Loud.com, which has much better picture quality, but during playback on my site, it kept stopping and "loading," so if you have that problem, I added the one from You Tube. Side note: I had to use the link from You Tube to adjust the HTML embedding because the address off Loud's site was jacked up. I keep learning, so maybe one day I'll be able to program in HTML. Enjoy!



1 Comments:

Blogger j3 said...

diggin the "saved by the bell" intro...

for me, the jury's still out on this kid. you ain't gonna be able to shake the em comparisons and, what sucks for him, is em's gonna trump him when his new album hits stores in MAYBE late may. i can deal with the delivery, but they wasted a slammin' beat by not hitting it with a hook. damn new-school producers don't know what they're doing.

6:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home