Monday, July 31, 2006

Get rid of Swizz, might find the old X

So, I was listening to the new DMX album, Year of the Dog (Again), and can't help to think what might become of X if he dumped Swizz Beats and got new production. I like Swizz, but lately, he hasn't really done jack that sparked my interest. You can tell a Swizz beat from a mile away, and after being executive producer of what like 10 Ruff Ryder albums?, his sound is anything but fresh or innovative. Does Ruff Ryders even still exist? Eve--gone, doing movies and making appearances on Gwen Stefani albums, Yung Wun--MIA, Drag-On--MIA, do I really need to go on? The people that were supposed to lead the forefront for the big RR, are nowhere to be found. Maybe they're taking some long needed R&R for the weak albums they put out. So, instead of switching things up, getting a new camp, and sounding different, X and Swizz put out another exasperating album. Sadly enough, we hear glimpses of the old X on the first single, "Lord Give Me a Sign," but even it fades into obilvion with X's rap career.

But, I keep thinking maybe if X would drop Swizz Beats and partner up with another camp, he might get his old swagger back. Then again, it was Swizz who helped him attain multi-platinum status the first time (but probably never will again). I keep rooting for X, even though he's spent, just like I keep wishing Mike Tyson would get his head out of his ass and start boxing for real again. He got rid of Don King, so his next logical step is to see if he can pay Robin Givens enough money to use her as a punching bag (again). But, I guess Mike and X can always hook up and do an album called "Ear of the Dog." Hee hee. Low blow, I know, but you chuckled.



Anyway, did you hear that G-Unit might pick up Ras Kass? What???? Ras has put out some pretty weak stuff lately, but if he actually got a chance to release an official pressing of Van Gogh, with some new material added, I think that might help re-spark his career. You can't touch Soul on Ice! He definitely doesn't need to end his career by signing to G-Unit. 50 has a lot of cheddah to offer, but losing your street cred and becoming 5o's puppet ain't where it's at. Look at Mobb Deep, what was their last single and album called? Forgot already too, didn't ya! When will we hear from Mase or M.O.P.? Probably on 50's next album which will drop before theirs. Do we really need another Banks or Yayo album? I know J3 disagrees, but I think Buck is the tightest in that camp.

Anywho, more to come as I get a chance to listen. Funny jam of the week, "Ass Cheeks on My White Tee" by Venny Outrageous, Southern Smoke 26 Mixtape.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home