Monday, July 17, 2006

New to this bloggin

Okay, so I wanted a way to drop knowledge on the subjects I have the most expertise, ie. rap/hip-hop music and horror cinema. I could have chosen the oh so popular my space, but through a friend (J3), found this quaint little spot and it seems to fit.
Currently in my deck is Pimp C, Pimpalation, which was a disappointment to UGK fans from the days of wayback. We've gone from classics like Pocket Full of Stones to Jazzy Pha produced tracks and brainless verses from Mike Jones and Slim Thug, not to mention a rendition of "I Miss You" by Aaron Hall. Don't get me wrong, some of the beats will have you noddin, but with lackluster rhymes (how many more times do we have to hear about candy paint?), it easily gets thrown in the pile of "next time I listen to will be 6 months from now." Bun B came correct with his latest, so you'd think he'd have helped Pimp make some better verse decisions, then again, with bills stackin up and his rep on the line, Pimp had to drop something, the fans expected it. I'd easily have waited another 3-6 months for a better attempt. Maybe the next UGK disk will be more pleasing.


On another note, my horror pick this week is The Descent, coming soon from Lionsgate. If you watch it on the big screen, be aware that the ending is trimmed down to better suit the American audience. You'll have to wait for the Unrated DVD to see how it really ends. I bought an import several months ago, and it was well worth it! It's already my pick of the year, unless Texas Chainsaw Massacre The Beginning can top it. We'll have to wait and see. More to come, so stay tuned.

2 Comments:

Blogger j3 said...

a man after my own heart...texas chainsaw and decent...

sh1t, homie...that's all you had to say.

uh, i might be travelling through your parts around the 13th of august on my way back from a family reunion in missouri.

6:37 AM  
Blogger K-Fleet said...

More to come, trust! Where bouts in the M-O? My hometown is Springfield.

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home